Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I like to think WWPD

My sleepless nights have led me to watching my full set of Star Trek TNG, and I know that writing this will out me as a Trekkie, (although those close to me know it already) but I think that it is time for me to come out of the 'Trek Closet'.

I find that there are few shows or movies that leave lasting impressions on me, but TNG manages to catch me every time. I often watch certain episodes and have debates about what would I do if stuck in that situation. Do I stick to my morale compass or 'rules' that are placed upon me, or do I act from a place of need/want or from the heart? Picard always seems to make the right decision but most of the time it is for the greater good and not for himself and since I don't run a star ship it is easy for me to say what I would do. I have had to make major choices in my life and they all seem to have turned out alright but I always question them after.

So as I sit here writing this and listening to Picard solve a small planets need for water reclaiming I think maybe all of my problems would be easier solved if I took a moment to think - What Would Picard Do?

No comments:

Post a Comment